ANDCOM PPM for the IT industry
Constantly growing needs related to the use of innovative IT technologies which undoubtedly contribute to higher efficiency of business operation and also help gaining competitive advantage are undisputable facts. In order to satisfy the occurring needs it is necessary to launch new initiatives in the IT field and then to introduce a proper and efficient management.
The IT industry is one of these industries in which the awareness of the project approach is very high.
The term “project approach” is to be understood as a set of activities having a defined budget, schedule and scope and implemented in order to achieve specific results (often called project products). The use of the project approach in the management of the IT projects carries a possibility to improve the monitoring of costs, time of implementation and also delivered products.
Typical examples of projects implemented in the IT industry may be:
- implementation of an integrated system,
- development of a corporate intranet portal,
- modernization of the network in the enterprise.
At present, the most popular approaches in the field of development and implementation of IT systems are: the waterfall approach and the agile approach. The waterfall approach is applied mainly in implementation projects of already existing systems; the agile approach is widely used in the software production sector.
In order to effectively manage IT projects which means to plan them, assign project tasks and control them, manage risk or deal with occurring project issues, the PPM (Project Portfolio Management) systems are used.
The ANDCOM PPM platform constitutes a systemic support in the implementation of the entire project cycle in the IT industry. It supports project management regardless of the applied approach.
The use of the ANDCOM PPM platform in the implementation of the IT projects will have a significant impact on:
- Increasing the efficiency of project planning.
- Improving the efficiency of monitoring the progress of project works.
- Improving the process of managing suppliers.
- Greater control of project implementation costs.
- The improvement of the risk management efficiency.
- Increasing the efficiency of project issues management.
It is interesting to note that the ANDCOM PPM platform provides also support in the field of IT Service Management. The advantages of implementation of the service ANDCOM Service Management within the same platform are:
- Organization of the IT Helpdesk.
- Possibility to organize the IT service repository.
- IT Incident Management.
- Change request management.
- Organization of a knowledge base that supports the handling the occurring IT notifications.
Order a DEMO
Increase effectiveness of the project portfolio management in your company. Contact us to order a free presentation of the ANDCOM PPM platform